Ms. Bhawna Khanna
Principal, DPS Sahibabad
"Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well." – Aristotle
Ms. Bhawna Khanna is a seasoned educational professional with experiences in both academic and administrative functions of school. She is a Gold medallist in Physics, with more then 25 years of rich experience in teaching including 10 years in managing School Administration. Ms. Bhawna has held leadership roles in schools both on the academic and administrative front. She is a passionate educator who has extensive teaching experience of facilitating/coaching students by using interactive discussions and activity based approach to help students learn and apply concepts in subjects. She has been a dedicated and self-motivated leader with proficiency in handling the administrative activities entailing event management, faculty appraisal/training and upholding of the institution's motto. On the administrative front, she has demonstrated proficiency in assisting development of all aspects of a 'Start-up School' including facilities, infrastructure, staffing, welfare, discipline and all policy development & implementation. Ms. Bhawna's core competency lies in setting up school systems and budgetary control system for smooth running of the organisation.
- Outstanding Educator Award (IIHM)
- Commendable Service Award & Paul Harris Fellowship (Rotary Club of Noida)
- Service Loyalty Award (5 years of commitment) (DPS, GBN)
- 100 % Attendance Award (DPS, GBN)
- Gold Medal- Both years of M.sc (CSJM University, Kanpur)
- Distinguished Change Makers on International Women's Day (White Canvas India)
- Naari Astitva Awards 2021 (Global Social Interest League)
- Management & Leadership - Proven experience in managing large educational institutions and retaining its culture by aligning with the institution's core values and ethics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Established and nurtured excellent relationships with Correspondent, Principals of peer institutions, School staff, Parents/Guardians and Students.
- Curriculum & Operations - Extensive knowledge in designing curriculum instructions and student learning assessment along with experience in designing processes to ensure. effective operations that support learning and development.
Ms Bhawna is a great team player and encourages team work among her staff and leads them by example. She is known to be a highly organized and disciplined person and cares for her students intellectual and emotional well-being. Ms. Bhawna believes in providing a learning space to children that offer both freedom and responsibility that would allow them to blossom into self-motivated, balanced, open minded individuals and learners for life. Her personal philosophy in life is that learning should never stop. Each of the life experiences is nothing but lessons to be learnt which will help in moving forward to achieving ones dreams and goals.